Please use the information below to book a rink at the Sun Bowls Club.
1) Check to see whether there is availability on your desired date/time by clicking here. A maximum of 6 rinks can now be used per session. Bookings can be made up to 7 days in advance, and you can have no more than 4 slots booked in any 7 days!
2) If your desired time is available, click here, to complete a request for booking. By entering a booking, you are accepting the conditions placed upon play detailed below.
3) You will receive a confirmation email either confirming your booking, or indicating the chosen date/time is unavailable, giving you a reason why your request has been rejected
4) Bookings for sessions are taken on a first come, first served basis.
5) Please do not turn up at the Club unless you have a booking! This is very important for safety measures in place.
6) Rink and time demands will be reviewed regularly to ensure we get timeslots that best suit our members.
If you have any problems with the online booking system, or you need to cancel a booking, please phone the club on 720470 and your call should be redirected to a Committee member.
Spectators can book in to come and watch by clicking here! It is essential Spectators book in so we can perform effective contact tracing as and when required.
A list of booked in spectators can be found by clicking here!
Conditions of Play
Instructions (which will be regularly reviewed) for members wishing to make use of the club bowls green for roll-ups and competitions during the current restrictions.
Roll-ups will be for any club member wishing to return to the green, assuming that they are fit and well and able to do so based on Government guidelines.
Physical distancing of 1 metre must be observed at all times, on and around the green, and in the clubhouse.
Members may roll-up on their own.
Only members who are booked for a roll-up should be at the club; no spectators unless booked.
Members may book up to 4 sessions in any 7 day period.
Access to the clubhouse, including lockers, is now possible. However, the locker areas must not be used as a changing area. The toilets are now available with strict hygiene measures in place, clearly displayed on posters. Only one person at a time is allowed in these areas.
These instructions must be followed, without exception, and until further notice.
- Rinks must be booked in advance online at http://www.sunbowls.com or by phoning 720470
- To cancel a booking, please phone 720470
- Only members booked in advance will be allowed on the green
- Sessions will last 1 hour and will run daily at 10am, 2pm, and 6pm (barring Monday, Tuesday and Friday evenings when drawn leagues are being run)
- Members should arrive no more than 10 minutes before the time booked and leave within 10 minutes of their session finishing
- There will be no access to the green outside of the stated times
- Access to the club will be through the main gates only; the side gate will remain locked, except on league nights and for Sunday competitions.
- Parking: Please make use of the whole carpark.
- The duty steward will set out the rinks and will sanitise the jacks and mats after each session
- Pushers, score boards and 2 metre poles will not be used
- The toilets can now be used but observing the hygiene measures is essential
- The bar will be open at certain times but the kitchen will remain closed
- Bottled water is now available from the kitchen counter, priced at 60p
- Bowls may be left at the club in lockers or on the shelves, but these areas must not be used as a changing area
- The wearing of gloves and masks will be at members’ discretion but the use of hand sanitisation is strongly encouraged
- A register will be kept for each session the green is in use
- The duty steward has absolute authority
Sun Bowls Committee